In order to fully maximize the benefits of Lightico, agents share content with customers, such as videos, images and links and of course, pdf templates. Documents can be directly uploaded from their file browser or agents can use predefined, pre-built pdf templates stored in the system. These are usually static documents that are part of the business workflow, which need to be populated with customer/service information and then sent for customer review and signature. These can be categorized and assigned for different team privileges from within different folders. Once created, these are known as assets in the Lightico system.
In this article, you will learn how to upload a pdf template, design it with different fields and elements, and learn how to use attributes in a pdf template.
- Go to Shared Items in Settings.
- Create a new folder by clicking on Add Top Category, alternatively, select the sub-folder you want to place the document in.
- Click on the upload icon.
- A new window will open.
- Click on the upload icon and select the relevant pdf from your pc.
Building a pdf template
A new window will open with the document in place a toolbar ready for use.
Select the elements from the following options:
- Corporate stamp
- Signature date
- Drop Down list
- Checkbox group
- Radio Button group
- Click on the element. It will appear at the top of the pdf document.
- Drag to the required space in the document
- Continue adding elements as needed.
- Click Save
Granting users access to templates
Content can be created to share with the whole system of users or assigned to particular teams of users
To share with teams:
- Go to Teams in Settings
- Click on Associated shared categories
- Select the documents to be assigned to each team by clicking on the tick
- Click Save
As well as sending content, agents can send requests for the customer to send specific files back. This can be configured by the Business Configurator. (see this article)
Content can also be sent without pre-building by using the Lightico Ad-hoc feature.