Why should I clear them?
When you have an issue with Lightico, one of the first common troubleshooting steps may be to clear your cache and cookies. This is not just a key step but in most cases clearing cache and cookies in your browser will solve the problem altogether.
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves certain information from websites in its cache and cookies. This is a local file on your computer used as a temporary data storage space so that web pages and components can load quickly. Because of continuous updates to the Lightico platform, the cache and cookies may become outdated, which may then cause unwanted behavior. Our support team may ask you to perform clearing cache and cookies in your browser as one of the first steps in the troubleshooting process.
How to Clean Cookies - Chrome
- In Chrome, hit Ctrl + H to open the history tab.
- Click "Clear Browsing Data" on the left-hand menu. This will open the "Clear Browsing Data" pop up window.
- Go to the "Advanced" tab.
- Select from the "All Time" dropdown All Time
- Check these three boxes and remove the other selected boxes:
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images & files
- Site Settings
6. Click “Clear data”
How to Clean Cookies - Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner to access its settings.
- From the list of provided features, click on "Internet Options" to access all the advanced settings of the browser.
- A new window will open. Under the "General" tab, you will see "Browsing History" just under half-way down. . Click on the "Delete" button listed under the browsing history section.
How to Clean Cookies - Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range.
- Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.
How to Clean Cookies - End-Customer Using IOs mobile device
- Go to Settings in your phone and select Safari.
- Scroll down to Advanced.
- Click Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
Note: If you are not using the default browser (Safari) refer to the next steps for cleaning cookies from Chrome.
How to Clean Cookies - End-Customer Using Android mobile device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.