- 10 Dec 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Getting started as an administrator
- Updated on 10 Dec 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
This article explains the most basic settings you’ll want to configure before agents start running a Lightico session.
Accessing Lightico settings
When you log into Lightico, you’ll see the agent screen. Click Settings from the menu in the upper right corner.
The Administration Home screen opens.
The navigation panel on the left enables you to open any of the Administration pages.
The main page contains the following:
- Session analytics that you can filter according to team and date.
- Quick Access links to open the most commonly used Administration pages.
- Start Creating links to take you into the Designer pages of the main building blocks of a customer journey.
- Recent Workflows links that open the automated workflows that you most recently worked on.
Basic configuration before your first session
The following are some of the basic things you may want to configure before you or your agent run your first Lightico session:
Customize the Interface Branding
By default, the customer interface is blue and white with the Lightico logo. You can change this to your own company colors and logo.
To customize the interface branding:
- On the Administration screen navigation, click System settings.
- On the Settings navigation click Format and design.
- Under Logo for customer session, click Replace file and select your logo file.
- Under Colors for customer session, turn on the toggle, click the edit icon, and select a background and foreground color.
For more information about customizing your Lightico interface, see Branding and customizing a Lightico session.
Create a User
Add someone else as a user so that they can also configure settings and/or run Lightico sessions with your customers.
To create a user:
- From the Administration screen, go to Users and click Create New User.
- In the Add User window, fill in the new user’s email, first and last name, and password and click Save.
The new user is saved as an Agent.
- To change the permission level of the new user, click the edit icon for the user and, in the Update User window, select a new role from the Role dropdown.
For more information about creating users, see User management.
Create a PDF Template (Esign) Document
There are many interactive elements and settings that you can add to your document that will streamline completing documents with you customer. In this section of the Getting Started article, you’ll learn about how to add a signature field to the document. When your agent shares the document with your customer, the customer can view the document and then has the option to sign it from their device.
For more information about configuring documents, see New PDF Builder: Getting started with the PDF Builder.
To create an eSign document:
- From the Admin navigation pane under Journey, go to Shared Items.
The Shared items page opens.
- Click the upload icon for the folder in which you'd like to save this PDF template.
- In the Uploading item window, click Try our new PDF template builder and upload your PDF.
The document opens in the PDF Builder.
- Click the Signature icon in the right toolbar.
- Click and drag to place the signature field in the desired location in the document.
- Click Publish in the top right of the screen.
The PDF template is saved and is available for sharing during a Lightico session.